Going to ALA Annual Conference? Â Celebrate & support LGBTQ literature. Â Attend the Stonewall Book Awards Brunch on Monday, June 27, 2011 – 10:30am – 2:00pm.
You can get your tickets in the following ways:
- Haven’t registered for Annual yet? Â You can add the Stonewall Book Awards Brunch to your registration during the normal process.Â Register at: <http://www.alaannual.org/> Look for the Brunch on the Preconferences and Events, page 7.Â The Stonewall Brunch code is ALA4.
- Already registered for Annual?Â There are two ways to add the Stonewall Book Awards Brunch:
- Add the brunch to your existing registration.Â Head to <http://www.alaannual.org/>.Â Log in and click the View/Modify link from your booking summary.
- or call 1-800-974-3084. Â Have your ALA member ID and credit card handy.Â Reference the Stonewall Brunch event code ALA4.
- If tickets remain at the time of the conference, they will be available at the ALA Registration Desk until noon, Sunday, June 26.
- If there are any tickets remaining beyond Sunday, June 26, they may be available at the door of the event.
Description of the event
Brunch in celebration of the 40th anniversary Stonewall Book Award Winners and Honor books, with keynote presentations from previous Stonewall Book Award Winners Dorothy Allison and Sarah Schulman. Presentation of the 2011 Stonewall Awards and Honors to Brian Katcher (Almost Perfect), Barb Johnson (More of This World or Maybe Another), Tom Mendicino (Probation), James Klise (Love Drugged), Wendy Moffat (A Great Unrecorded History), Justin Spring (Secret Historian), and more.
The first and most enduring award for GLBT books is the Stonewall Book Awards, sponsored by the American Library Association’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Round Table. Since Isabel Miller’s Patience and Sarah received the first award in 1971, many other books have been honored for exceptional merit relating to the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender experience.
The Stonewall Book Award-Barbara Gittings Literature Award, the Stonewall Book Award-Israel Fishman Non-Fiction Award and the Childrenâ€™s & Young Adult Literature Award are presented to English language works published the year prior to the announcement date. The award is announced in January and presented to the winning authors or editors at the American Library Association Annual Conference in June or July. The award winners each receive a commemorative plaque and $1,000.
1 thought on “Tickets Still Available to Stonewall Book Awards Brunch”