The GLBTRT released its list of outstanding titles for children and young adults on January 25. The Rainbow Book List is an annotated bibliography released each year. It highlights quality fiction and non-fiction (picture books, middle grade, and young adult) that authentically represents gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender experiences.
Top Ten Rainbow List Books
- I’m a Girl by Yasmeen Ismail (age 3-7)
- Introducing Teddy: A Gentle Story About Gender and Friendship by Jessica Walton (age 3-6)
- Princess Princess Ever After by Katie O’Neill (Grade 2-5)
- This Song Is (Not) for You by Laura Nowlin (Grade 8+)
- How Many Letters are in Goodbye? by Yvonne Cassidy (Grade 9+)
- We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson (Grade 9+)
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (Grade 9+)
- When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore (Grade 9+)
- The Root by Na’amen Gobert Tilahun (Grade 9+)
- And I Darken by Kiersten White (Grade 9+)
The Rainbow Book List is compiled each year by the Rainbow Book List Committee.