Yes, it’s that time of year!
Are you passionate about books with queer representation? Feel like telling everyone you know about that awesome LGBTQ+ book you couldn’t put down? If you do, AND you want to get involved in the GLBTRT, then volunteer for one of our five awesome Stonewall Book Award and Book List committees!
The GLBTRT seeks volunteers for the:
- Over the Rainbow Book List Committee
- Rainbow Book List Committee
- Stonewall Book Awards – Barbara Gittings Literature Award Committee
- Stonewall Book Awards – Mike Morgan and Larry Romans Children’s and Young Adult Literature Award Committee
- Stonewall Book Awards – Israel Fishman Non-fiction Award Committee
To be on any of the above committees you must:
- Be a GLBTRT member.
- Serve a term of one year, February 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020 (with the option of applying to serve again the next year).
- Be available to collaborate on the work of the committee online throughout your term.
- Stonewall Book Award Committee members are required to attend both Midwinter 2020 in Philadelphia and the 2020 Annual Conference in Chicago.
- Book List Committee members are required to attend Midwinter 2020 in Philadelphia.
Interested GLBTRT members should check out the above committee links for more detailed information about the roles and requirements of committee members. Don’t be shy about emailing current committee chairs to ask questions, either!
Please indicate in your application if you’re interested in serving as an Admin for any of the committees. Admins are responsible for handling the requests for titles to publishers for either adult or youth committees.
Still interested? We want to hear from you! Fill out the committee volunteer form no later than Friday, December 7, 2018.
2 thoughts on “Volunteer for the Stonewall Book Award, Rainbow Book List, and Over the Rainbow Book List Committees!”
I would like to volunteer to join this committee. How do I join?
Hi Rebekah! Just fill out the volunteer form at this link to get started: http://www.ala.org/CFApps/volunteer/form.cfm and thanks for your interest!