The Round Table is looking for volunteers to be the GLBTRT representatives to the following groups. Please email me at email@example.com if you are interested in this opportunity. Let me know what you are interested in, your involvement in those groups, and resume, if relevant.
|American Association of School Librarians (AASL)|
|Association of Library Service to Children (ALSC)|
|Freedom to Read Foundation (FTRF)*|
|Intellectual Freedom Round Table (IFRT)|
|Legislation Assembly (ALA Committee on Legislation)*|
|New Members Round Table (NMRT)|
|Public Library Association (PLA)|
|Social Responsibilities Round Table (SRST)|
|Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)|
*Please note that the Freedom to Read Foundation and Legislation Assembly both require Midwinter and Annual attendance.
- serves a one or two year term;
- in many cases, will serve as the representative to both the GLBTRT and the other group;
- monitors both group’s email lists, newsletters, blogs, and social media for meetings, invitations, announcements, events, and programs;
- attends necessary meetings at Midwinter and Annual of both groups;
- relays information back and forth between both groups’ email lists;
- gathers feedback from GLBTRT membership and/or board when needed using the membership email list;
- engages with GLBTRT committees and chairs when needed; and
- submits reports to the board soon after Midwinter and Annual using these reporting guidelines.
Round table communication channels to monitor:
Guidelines for Specific Representatives
You must be a current member of GLBTRT to volunteer.